Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Seasonal Christmas Candy Round Two

I was pleased to find a few non-peppermint Seasonal Christmas candies over the big shopping weekend.  A couple that did not make the purchasing cut include:  Sour Patch Kids in only green and red (very creative, they just omitted two flavors) and Swedish Fish in red and green (again, not too creative).



An exciting find came in the form of Mike and Ikes, their Holiday Medley includes two original flavors (cherry and lime) AND a new holiday punch flavor (in dark green).  The punch flavor has a bit of a raspberry thing going on, it isn't offensive but it certainly doesn't hold up in comparison to Starburst's tropical punch (against which I judge all punch flavoring, just thinking about them makes my mouth water).   Overall, I am happy with this new addition and I appreciate the introduction of the new flavor.




It's not often, if ever, that I crave a Sugar Baby but this holiday version caught my eye and I willingly made the purchase.  The colored candy coating is incredibly dull so the candy looks like it could have been sitting around in the back of a Benjamin Franklin store since 1980 something.  Considering the size of a Sugar Baby the colored coating is also fairly thick which is distracting.  It almost adds a crunch to the expected crystallized sugar chew.  Sugar Babies aren't the best candy on the market, dressing them up in different colors doesn't help their cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment